December 25th, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

Above picture was from last Saturday! It was the first ever time in my five years of trading at the market that it snowed so heavily! It was a day of lots of happenings, & it deserves a proper write-up, so it’ll have to be in another time…!

Because right now, it’s 5am on Christmas Day, & all I want to say to you is…

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!

Have a fantastic day, what ever you are doing, let loose, be jolly & be merry!!! It’s been a heck of a year & we all deserve a big ol’ knees up don’t we!

I’ll be thinking of you all.

Ps: you’re perhaps wondering why I’m up at this stupid hour, but I’d like to defend myself by saying that I slept from 7pm last night & woke up at 1am! – After finishing at the market, I had a few glasses of red wine & got stuffed with good food that my mother made, which totally finished me off, lol, I very almost nodded off at the dinner table! Seriously! – After a comatosed heavy sleep I’m up & I feel rather refreshed! ^^

1. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Comment by Katie - December 25, 2010 7:26 am

2. love the pic Tamami

looking forward to more of your baking/market stories next yr

Comment by Tian - December 25, 2010 9:13 am

3. Must have been wonderful, though terribly cold on the market for you. Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

Comment by Gerda - December 25, 2010 11:25 am

4. Katie, Tian & Gerda!!!!!!! How lovely to hear from you on Christmas day! ^^
    How are you all spending today?
    I’m at home with family, gotta have to start cooking for Christmas dinner in about 2 hours! No rest for the wicked… lol, actually, I don’t mind too much, I’ve done this so many times, every year, that so long as I’m not doing any ambitious menus it’s pretty easy like preparing everyday dinner.
    Anyway, have a fantastic day ladies, & keep in touch! xx

Comment by tamami - December 25, 2010 1:41 pm

5. Merry Christmas !!

Comment by Toyomi - December 25, 2010 2:26 pm

6. I wish I could have a white Xmas….

Here I wish yiunand family Happy Xmas!

Comment by Honey boy - December 25, 2010 2:41 pm

7. Hi Tamami,
    After a massive chunk of luck, I managed to fly back to Ireland and am spending Xmas with my folks for a few days :)
    Wishing you and your family a lovely Xmas and all the best for the New Year!!

PS. Hope to see you soon – the chocs and tarts were lovely :)

Comment by G - December 25, 2010 5:30 pm

8. Well, in Holland we celebrate two days of Christmas (today and tomorrow), but we don’t have Christmas Eve. Today me and my family had just a simple supper, tomorrow we’ll make a good dinner (fish stew and trifle). So that’s why I was online today :)

Comment by Gerda - December 25, 2010 7:06 pm

9. Toyomi san, メリークリスマス&アハッピーニューヤー!
    普段は雪は大、大好きだけど先週のマーケットの大雪はめっちゃ嫌でしたよ〜、色々と大変だったのでめげました。。。Anyway, 来年もまた是非コメントして下さいね、宮古の話には和まされます♪
    Honey Boy – yes! ‘White Christmas’ is lovely, but this year, it snowed a week too early, & we are left with v. slippery ice outside…! But it is an excuse to be indoors…! Today (26th) we’ll warm up a bottle of mulled wine I should think! – Belated Merry Christmas to you Honey Boy!!
    Hi G!!!! How lovely to hear from you ^^ It was lovely to meet you the other week! I’m glad you managed to get home in that horrendous traffic problem last week // Belated Merry Christmas to you & hope to see you again next year!
    Gerda – fish stew sounds LOVELY!!!! Hmm…, it must be hearty & warming. I wish I could have some of yours for tonight’s dinner…!

Comment by tamami - December 26, 2010 11:53 am

10. merry, merry days! :) parka looks good on you. our first major snow is forecast for later today….food is stocked, in case it hits hard. enjoy your holiday—warmth, light, full table, & joy for you & yours this ‘tide & in the year coming.

Comment by jonquil - December 26, 2010 3:11 pm

11. Jonquil, :) :) I’m glad you think the parka is alright look-wise!! Have lots of fun with the snow, Jonquil!! xx

Comment by tamami - December 26, 2010 4:11 pm

12. Belated Merry Christmas! Glad you had a good one. (I also ended up in a food coma yesterday evening, so I know exactly what you mean. ;D ) Looking forward to hearing about your Christmas Eve at the market, but for now put your feet up and relax – you deserve it!! xx

Comment by Rachel - December 27, 2010 12:33 am

13. Dear Rachel, belated Merry Christmas to you too!! xx The food-coma thing, I did the same on the night of the 25th too… I felt terrible afterwards as it felt as though I missed half of Christmas! – Hope you’re having a fine time in US!! xx

Comment by tamami - December 27, 2010 12:54 pm

14. Merry Christmas to you all from me.

Comment by submitshop - December 28, 2010 2:35 am

15. Submitshop, Merry Christmas to you too!! ^^

Comment by tamami - December 28, 2010 4:33 pm

16. Merry Christmas to you and your family Tamami. I am looking forward to a year full of lovely Coconme reading!
    Have a great year ahead!

Comment by Swati - December 29, 2010 9:00 am

17. Oooh!!! Thank you Swati!! ^^ Merry Christmas to you too!!!!! xx And I’ll look forward to more comments from you next year!! ^^ All the best Swati!!

Comment by tamami - December 29, 2010 11:54 am

18. You look very very warm. Happy new year ~

Comment by Alison - January 3, 2011 10:12 pm

19. Happy New Year to you too Alison!!!!!!!! Yeah, it’s v. warm, but it does make me look like a rugby player around the shoulders..! Lol!! And I wish they make it so that it is v. long, down to my ankles…, although that would probably make me look like a cocooned bug. Lol!! Anyways, hope to see you around soonio!! x

Comment by tamami - January 3, 2011 11:03 pm

20. I have a coat just like that too. It makes me look like a yellow michelin man ! I feel very round and unattractive in it but there are days in london when you just have to choose between looking miserable , cold, unmichelin-man like or warm and happy but round.

I will drop by again when i muster enough energy to travel from north to east. It’s really a pity there are no trains close to Broadway.

Comment by Alison - January 9, 2011 2:59 am

21. Alison, well let’s just hope that by the time we meet it’s not this cold, & that we don’t have a ‘cocooned bug meets yellow michelin man’ scenario down at the market…!! Lol!! C ya. x

Comment by tamami - January 9, 2011 11:03 am